Thursday, December 10, 2009

Artist Statement

Digital Photograph is the best class I have taken sense I came into high school. You learn so many things to do on the computer with Photoshop. Although it is a little difficult at times I enjoy learning the next compositional tricks. Learning how to work photo shop and the camera was difficult I did know there was so many things you can do with a camera.

Looking at my Portfolio I think I didn’t understand all the compositional trick it is because on most of my photo’s didn’t quite get you a good example of the trick. I feel if I would have work harder to try to understand what I was doing I would have came up with a better portfolio. It okay I guess for a beginner but it needs more improvement and my spelling in the statements need a lot of work with my spelling and how I used my words.

This semester I learn about how to burn the main thing in the photo so that people can focus on it. Bending word and shaping word and slice them to make them look real cool basically everything I learn thing semester I have never used photo shop. If I did it was the wrong way I did understand what I was doing. With my Portfolio I did better with Social Issue because I understood what to do it on and I did a lot of research on my quote for it. I‘ve learned about there is a different between snap shot and photograph.

When it came to doing my portfolio I had problem doing my “Alien” because it required using the trick that we learned and some new ones on the way. I also struggled with finding a stamp for my lyrics photo and have to make a stamp and paint brush. To me that is still hard. What was even harder was trying to find a quote for my social issue of just finding what social issues to do.

I need to improved in finding the right angles and being more creative and using the light in my photographs more. Using more and learning more about the rule of thirds. I have improved more in being creative with the photo shop. Also I have taken picture that actually has a concept.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

YOur portfolio looks great. You have worked hard and it shows. I love the great thought and effort you put into everything you do. It makes your artwork very real. I like that you are not afraid to sit and think about something until you figure it out, and you always figure it out sooner or later. Keep up the brilliant work. It just keeps getting better and better.